Venetian glass sentence example
- The finest glass is made in Tuscany and Venetia; Venetian glass is often colored and of artistic form.
- Like many other arts in Venice, that of glass-making appears to have been imported from Moslem countries, and the influence of Oriental design can be traced in much of the Venetian glass.
- Many of the ornamental processes which we admire in Venetian glass were already in use in this century.
- At the present day bottles and drinkingvessels are made in Persia which in texture and quality differ little from ordinary Venetian glass of the 16th or 17th centuries, while in form they exactly resemble those which may be seen in the engravings in Chardin's Travels.
- Many of the ornamental processes which we admire in Venetian glass were already in use in this century, as that of mille fiori, and the beautiful kind of glass known as " vitro di trina " or lace glass.Advertisement
- Millefiore is a style of Venetian glass making that was developed in Murano, the early glass capital of the world.