Vela sentence example
- Garcia was murdered by the sons of Count Vela of Ala va whom he had despoiled, and Sancho took possession of Castile, giving the government of it to his son Fernando, (Ferdinand I.), with the title of king, and taking the name of king of the Spains for himself.
- In 1508 Alonso de Ojeda obtained the government of the coast of South America from Cabo de la Vela to the Gulf of Darien; Ojeda landed at Cartagena in 1510, and sustained a defeat from the natives, in which his lieutenant, Juan de la Cosa, was killed.
- In 1908 there were only 13 railway lines with a mileage of about 540 m., including the short lines from Caracas to El Valle and La Guaira to Maiquetia and Macuto, and the La Vela and Coro.
- The first-class ports are La Guaira, Puerto Cabello, Ciudad Bolivar, Maracaibo and Carupano, and the second-class are Sucre, Juan Griego, Guiria, Calm Colorado, Guanta, Tucacas, La Vela and Porlamar.
- Blasco Nunez de Vela was sent out, as first viceroy of Peru, to enforce the " New Laws."Advertisement
- On its watch-tower, the Torre de la Vela, 85 ft.
- On the main quay is a statue of William Tell by the sculptor Vincenzo Vela (1820-1891), a native of the town, while other works by him are in the gardens of private villas in the neighbourhood.
- The same argument is re stated in different words as under: - " If the air under the wings be struck by the flexible portions of the wings (flabella, literally fly flaps or small fans) with a motion perpendicular to the horizon, the sails (vela) and flexible portions of the wings (flabella) will yield in an upward direction and form a wedge, the point of which is directed towards the tail.
- In 1508 Ojeda obtained from the Spanish crown a grant of the district from Cape Vela westward to the Gulf of Darien, while the rest of the country from the Gulf of Darien to Cape Gracias-a-Dios was bestowed on his fellow-adventurer, Nicuessa.
- of La Vela de Coro (its port on the Caribbean coast), with which it is connected by rail, and 199 m.Advertisement
- The contestants compete up on stage for hundreds of dollars in cash and prizes, and each week's lady finalists are invited back on Labor Day Weekend to compete in the Panama Jack Ms. La Vela Bikini Contest finals.
- This vela nylon is a high quality stain-resistant material that is difficult to replicate at a low cost.