Veiling sentence example
- Dulce glanced at her father and then at Carmen, her dark eyes barely veiling contempt.
- The reforms proposed included the adoption of European time, the European calendar, and the Latin alphabet; the abolition of veiling of women - as a practice of far-reaching, injurious influence upon the race; the abolition of the annual, month-long fast of Ramazan, and of the Feasts of Bairam.
- Marriage retains certain traces of the original system of capture; but Druse women enjoy much consideration, and are comparatively well educated, dignified and free in their bearing in spite of their close veiling.
- This implies that the whole of Western theology has been an aberration or an exoteric veiling of the truth.'
- But, owing to the various partial reflections which the illuminating cone of rays undergoes when traversing the surfaces of the lenses, a portion of the light comes again into the preparation, and into the eye of the observer, thus veiling the image.Advertisement
- Chapter 4 examines the iconography of veiling and the difficulties involved in decoding ancient representations of female dress.
- Veiling Ceremony: Just before the ceremony, the groom veils the bride's face in preparation for the actual ceremony.