Veglia sentence example
- To Italy was assigned the northern half of the Dalmatian mainland as far as Cape Planka, and all the islands save Krk (Veglia) and Rab (Arbe) in the N., Solta and Brazza in front of Spalato, and the few which lie to the south of Meleda.
- 9,603 Lecki Pass (Wyttenwasser Glen to the Mutten Glen), snow 9,554 Passo Rotondo (Airolo to Oberwald), snow 9,449 Kaltwasser Pass (Simplon Hospice to Veglia Alp), snow.
- The Uskoks retaliated by ravaging the Venetian islands of Veglia, Arbe and Pago, and by using the Venetian territories in Dalmatia as an avenue of attack upon the Turks.
- A narrow strait, the Canale della Morlacca (or della Montagna), separates it from Veglia, Arbe, Pago and other Istrian or Dalmatian islands.
- In the Gulf of Quarnero are the Quarnero islands, of which the most important are Cherso, Veglia and Lussin.Advertisement
- Steamboats ply daily from Fiume to the Istrian health-resort of Abbazia, the Croatian port of Buccari, and the islands of Veglia and Cherso.