Vaunted sentence example
- The long-promised abolition of the grist tax was not explicitly mentioned, opposition to the railway redemption contracts was transformed into approval, and the vaunted reduction of taxation replaced by lip-service to the Conservative deity of financial equilibrium.
- He was a delicate boy, but when the war of 1870 broke out his mother sent him to the army, to win popularity for him, and the government journals vaunted his bravery.
- In the following year by the efforts of Sir William Temple the much vaunted Triple Alliance was concluded between Great United Provinces to face unaided the vengeance of the French king.
- The upper classes were especially anti-foreign,, and the whole nation vaunted its superiority to the rest of mankind.
- Indeed, the paucity of women of the Aryan stock would probably render these mixed unions almost a necessity from the very outset; and the vaunted purity of blood which the caste rules were calculated to perpetuate can scarcely have remained of more than a relative degree even in the case of the Brahman caste.Advertisement