Vasopressin sentence example
- This hormone is also known as vasopressin or arginine vasopressin (AVP ).
- The paraventricular nuclei produce mostly oxytocin and the supraoptic mostly vasopressin although both hormones may also be produced by the other type of nuclei.
- A particular gene that produces a protein called vasopressin in their brains contributes to these behaviors.
- The scientists plan to study the hormone vasopressin which is known to control aggressive behavior in male rats.
- Previous studies have shown the vasopressin receptor gene regulates social behaviors in many species.Advertisement
- Plasma vasopressin levels correlate positively with intensity of nausea.
- Vasopressin cells display phasic discharge patterning that reflects bistability in the mechanisms governing membrane excitability.
- The posterior pituitary gland only produces two hormones: antidiuretic hormone (vasopressin) and oxytocin.
- Antidiuretic hormone (ADH)-Also called vasopressin, a hormone that acts on the kidneys to regulate water balance.
- Drug therapies that promote intestinal motility (ability of the intestine to move spontaneously), such as cisapride and vasopressin (Pitressin), are sometimes prescribed.Advertisement