Vasoepididymostomy sentence example
- Vasoepididymostomy connects the end of the vas deferens tube on each side of the scrotum directly to the epididymis on the same side.
- Vasoepididymostomy is done when an obstruction in the vas deferens close to the epididymis, or in the epididymis itself, is stopping sperm from getting through.
- Vasovasotomy tends to have better success rates than vasoepididymostomy.
- After vasoepididymostomy, the chance of a couple getting pregnant ranges from about 11% to 56%.
- If the first surgery left the vas deferens very short, or if there appears to be scar tissue near the epididymis, the second attempt may be the more complicated vasoepididymostomy.Advertisement
- Men who needed a vasoepididymostomy as the first surgery or who have very extensive scar tissue may not be good candidates for a second attempt.