Vasectomies sentence example
- Cost is also a considerable factor with vasectomies costing a mere fraction of the cost for tubal ligation.
- Vasectomies are the only permanent contraception option for men.
- Surgical vasectomies are more than 99 percent effective once semen testing shows a complete absence of sperm.
- Vasectomies do not provide immediate pregnancy prevention and it may take several months before sperm are no longer present in the seminal fluid.
- Because vasectomies are a permanent form of contraception, only men who are certain they want no future children should undergo the procedure.Advertisement
- While vasectomies are reversible in most cases, a reversal requires the use of general anesthesia and poses some risk to the man's health.
- Vasectomies offer no protection against HIV or sexually transmitted diseases.
- Some county health departments or public health clinics offer free or low cost vasectomies for people who do not have health insurance.
- Some studies have claimed that PVPS occurs in one of every 10 to 30 vasectomies, while others have said the risk of this complication is only 1 in 1,000 vasectomies.
- In some cases, men who have had vasectomies report impotence, premature ejaculation, or decreased sexual desire.Advertisement