Vasculitic sentence example
- A vasculitic ulcer is a hole or tear that develops in the tissues around an inflamed blood vessel.
- In children with JDMS, vasculitic ulcers usually appear either in the skin rash or in the digestive tract.
- Vasculitic ulcers in the skin look like open sores within the reddish-purple rash; they vary in size from small spots to sores as much as an inch across.
- Vasculitic ulcers in the digestive tract may lead to perforation of the intestines, which is a medical emergency.
- Children who have developed sudden weakness of the muscles that control breathing or swallowing, or those who have developed vasculitic ulcers in the digestive tract may need to be hospitalized.Advertisement
- In a very few cases the child may die from complications related to myocarditis or from bowel perforation or lung disease caused by vasculitic ulcers.
- Although JDMS is rarely fatal, it can lead to medical emergencies if the child develops vasculitic ulcers.