Vascular-tissues sentence example
- It is essentially a living tissue, and serves to place all the living cells of the secondary vascular tissues in communication.
- The tissue-elements just described are found only in the more complicated secondary vascular tissues of certain Dicotyledons.
- A considerable evolution in complexity can be traced in passing from the simplest forms of xylem and phloem found in the primary vascular tissues both among Pteridophytes and Phanerogams to these highly differentiated types.
- In nearly all plants which produce secondary vascular tissues by means of a cambium there is another layer of secondary meristem arising externally to, but in quite the same fashion as, Ph II
- The body-cavity and the muscular, fibrous and vascular tissues are traced partly to two symmetrically disposed " mesoblasts," which bud off from the invaginated arch-enteron, partly to cells derived from the ectoderm, which at a very early stage is connected by long processes with the invaginated endoderm.Advertisement
- The stem is monostelic, the vascular tissues being separated into curved groups comparable with collateral vascular bundles, which surround the pith.
- The, primary vascular tissues of Angiosperms are likewise nearly always simple, consisting merely of tracheae and sieve-tubes often associated with amylom.