Vascular-plant sentence example
- In many forms its hyphae are particularly thick-walled, and may strikingly resemble the epidermis of a vascular plant.
- The surface layer of the rhizome bears rhizoids, and its whole structure strikingly resembles that of the typical root of a vascular plant.
- The body of a vascular plant is developed in the first place by repeated division of the fertilized egg and the growth of Develop- the products of division.
- Later, the axis branches by the formation of new growing-points, and in this way the complex system of axes forming the body of the ordinary vascular plant is built up. In the flowering plants the embryo, after developing up to a certain point, stopf growing and rests, enclosed within the seed.
- The new work largely centred round a discussion of the nature and origin of vessels, conspicuous features in young plant tissues which thus acquired an importance in the contemporary literature out of proportion to their real significance in the construction of the vascular plant.Advertisement
- Abstract Fossil evidence of terrestrial vascular plant life and terrestrial arthropods exists from the Silurian.
- The lichen and bryophyte flora of the complex is outstanding, and the vascular plant flora is also extremely rich.
- The vascular plant component is always poor, but richer communities support opposite-leaved golden saxifrage and mossy saxifrage.
- Higher plant taxonomy Scotland has 1,000 native vascular plant species, many of which are the subject of conservation concern.
- Unimproved grasslands on neutral or acidic soils are likely to contain at least 12 species of vascular plant per meter square.Advertisement