Varnished sentence example
- It is a sturdy studio easel made from varnished beechwood.
- Lady Sophina is an immaculate varnished mahogany and teak boat with its original brass fittings.
- Bare wood, which will absorb linseed oil, is better than varnished wood.
- This armature plate revolved in front of a field plate carrying two pieces of tin-foil backed up by larger pieces of varnished paper.
- The exterior color scheme is white and varnished teak with the original chrome fittings.Advertisement
- The galley area is totally enclosed in typical Freeman quality varnished woodwork, with matched veneer or timber.
- The articles are first fashioned by joining the soft material; they are then varnished, and afterwards cured in ovens heated to about 135Ã‚° C. The fine vulcanized " spread sheets " are made by spreading layers of indiarubber solution, already charged with the requisite proportion of sulphur, on a textile base previously prepared with a mixture of paste, glue and treacle.
- For this purpose the following apparatus should be provided: - (i) two small metal tea-trays and some clean dry tumblers, the latter preferably varnished with shellac varnish made with alcohol free from water; (2) two sheets of ebonite rather larger than the tea-trays; (3) a rod of sealing-wax or ebonite and a glass tube, also some pieces of silk and flannel; (4) a few small gilt pith balls suspended by dry silk threads; (5) a gold-leaf electroscope, and, if possible, a simple form of quadrant electrometer (see Electroscope and Electrometer); (6) some brass balls mounted on the ends of ebonite penholders, and a few tin canisters.
- The wide expanse that opened out before the heights on which the Russian batteries stood guarding the bridge was at times veiled by a diaphanous curtain of slanting rain, and then, suddenly spread out in the sunlight, far-distant objects could be clearly seen glittering as though freshly varnished.
- Our canvases are printed in UV resistant ink and varnished for further enhanced durability and look great on a wall !Advertisement
- Some furnishings were finished with a shiny lacquer, but most were varnished with a dark stain.
- Another alternative to plain wood is wood that has been painted or varnished another color.
- A yard scale of varnished paper, made out locally for quadrant elevation with regard to height of site, was usually pasted over this.
- The axis P N is made of varnished glass, and so are the axes that join the three plates with the brass axis N 0.
- The articles are first fashioned by joining the soft material; they are then varnished, and afterwards cured in ovens heated to about 135° C. The fine vulcanized " spread sheets " are made by spreading layers of indiarubber solution, already charged with the requisite proportion of sulphur, on a textile base previously prepared with a mixture of paste, glue and treacle.Advertisement
- The glass plates are well varnished, and the carriers are placed on the outer sides of the two glass plates.
- The distinctive mark of the courtier, military, and upper servant class is the belt, generally of black varnished leather with a brass clasp; princes and courtiers often replace this clasp by a huge round ornament of cut stones.