Varese sentence example
- VARESE, a town of Lombardy, Italy, in the province of Como, 18 m.
- It is a well-to-do place, beautifully situated near the Lake of Varese, and for this reason a favourite summer and autumn resort of the Milanese, who have numerous country houses in the vicinity.
- There is an archaeological museum with prehistoric antiquities from the lake-dwellings on an island in the Lake of Varese.
- Varese is the seat of active silkspinning, tanning, paper-making and the manufacture of organs and vehicles.
- Varese is a junction for Porto Ceresio and Laveno.Advertisement
- Of a wholly different character is the Lago di Varese, between the Lago Maggiore and that of Lugano, which is a mere shallow expanse of water, surrounded by hills of very moderate elevation.
- It is connected with Milan by two lines of railway, one via Monza (the main line, which goes on to Chiasso - Swiss frontier - and the St Gotthard), the other via Saronno and also with Lecco and Varese.
- The principal groups are those in the Lakes of Bourget, Geneva, Neuchatel, Bienne, Zurich and Constance lying to the north of the Alps, and in the Lakes Maggiore, Varese, Iseo and Garda lying to the south of that mountain range.
- Varese >>
- The huge warships "Italia" and "Dandolo" were his work, though he afterwards abandoned their type in favour of smaller and faster vessels of the "Varese" and the "Garibaldi" class.Advertisement
- It is the junction of railways to Varese, Laveno and Arona (for the Simplon).
- It is situated on one of the lines (Ferrovia Nord) from Milan to Como, and has branch lines to Seregno, Busto Arsizio and Varese.
- In the same year he was appointed principal conductor of the Varese Ensemble.