Vanquishing sentence example
- He found fame leading the EEF in a brilliant open campaign, finally vanquishing the Turks in Palestine in 1918.
- Vanquishing world child hunger and starvation might only be a chimera.
- Well, after Christmas there suddenly was a surplus of these toys, bringing prices back down to a reasonable amount and vanquishing the enigma that the toys seem to harbor when they weren't in your child's closet.
- Yes, the Rebellion had not succeeded in vanquishing the evil Emperor, but they had scored a signal victory, destroying the planet-killing Death Star battlestation and getting away with it.
- In 851 the Dublin Vikings succeeded in vanquishing the Danes after a three days' battle at Snaim Aignech (Carlingford Lough), whereupon the defeated party under their leader Horm took service with Cerball, king of Ossory.Advertisement