Vannes sentence example
- Oysters are reared chiefly at Marennes, which is the chief French market for them, and at Arcachon, Vannes, Olron, Auray, Cancale and Courseulles.
- In 1550 he was given the bishopric of Vannes, and in 1 557 the archbishopric of Vienne; he also became a member of the privy council.
- He distinguished himself by a brilliant action at the siege of Vannes in 1342; and after that he disappears from history for some years.
- He died at Vannes on the 5th of April 1419, and was canonized by Calixtus III.
- He was educated in a Jesuit school at Vannes, and studied law in Paris.Advertisement
- The whole duchy was formerly divided into nine bishoprics Rennes, Dol, Nantes, St Malo and St Brieuc, in Upper Brittany, and Treguier, Vannes, Quimper and St Pol de Leon in Lower.
- The Celtic immigrants formed the counties of Vannes, Cornouaille, Leon and Domnonee.
- Vannes is a lively medieval town with the usual sprinkling of museums and restaurants.
- The tumulus, which is crowned with a chapel, was excavated by Rene Galles in 1862; and the contents of the sepulchral chamber, which include several jade and fibrolite axes, are preserved in the museum at Vannes.