Valproate sentence example
- Sodium valproate had received some bad press recently, which she felt was mostly undeserved.
- Valproic acid and sodium valproate interact with many of the other drugs used to treat epilepsy.
- If valproates are added to an existing anti-epileptic drug regimen or other drugs are added to a regimen that contains valproate, additional dose adjustments will usually be needed.
- Olanzapine (Zyprexa) was approved in 2003 for use in combination with lithium or valproate for treatment of acute manic episodes associated with bipolar disorder.
- Valproate (divalproex sodium, or Depakote; valproic acid, or Depakene) is one of the few drugs available that has been proven effective in treating rapid cycling bipolar and mixed states patients.Advertisement
- Valproate is prescribed alone or in combination with carbamazepine and/or lithium.
- Neuroleptics: Chlorpromazine (Thorazine) and haloperidol (Haldol) are also used to control mania while a mood stabilizer such as lithium or valproate takes effect.
- Other drugs that are given to treat this disorder include buspirone, lithium (Lithobid), naltrexone, paroxetine (Paxil), valproate, and the antipsychotic drug, quetiapine.