Valhalla sentence example
- Valhalla, the paradise whither the heroes who fell in battle were escorted, was situated there.
- The Valhalla, or Hall of Heroes, contains busts of eminent Scotsmen.
- In return he receives the souls of the slain who in his palace, Valhalla, live a life of fighting and feasting, similar to that which has been their desire on earth.
- It was like his Valhalla, his Shangri-La.
- Near Regensburg is the pantheon of German worthies, known as the Valhalla.Advertisement
- So entirely did even his immediate circle ignore his religion that a court skald composed a poem on his death representing his welcome by the heathen gods into Valhalla.
- Again, those who had fallen in battle were supposed to go to Valhalla, where they became warriors in Odin's service.
- Whitney (both of Lowell), whose regiment was mobbed in Baltimore on the 19th of April 1861 while marching to Washington; and a bronze figure of Victory (after one by Rauch in the Valhalla at Ratisbon), commemorating the Northern triumph in the Civil War.
- According to Norse mythology, Valhalla was a palace roofed with shields, wherein lived the bravest of the slain Norse warriors.