Valentinian ii sentence example
- On the death of Valentinian (17th of November 375) the troops in Pannonia proclaimed his infant son (by a second wife Justina) emperor under the title of Valentinian II.
- Richter, Das westriimische Reich, besonders unter den Kaisern Gratian, Valentinian II.
- This victory was followed by the murder of Maximus and his son Victor, after whose death Theodosius conferred upon Valentinian II.
- The pagan party was led by Quintus Aurelius Symmachus, consul in 391, who presented to Valentinian II.
- His complete success, which resulted in the destruction of Maximus and his sons and the pacification of Gaul, led Theodosius to appoint him chief minister for his young brother-in-law Valentinian II.Advertisement