Valacyclovir sentence example
- Antiviral pills such as acyclovir (Zovirax), famciclovir, (Famvir), and valacyclovir (Valtrex) can cancel an outbreak and help prevent recurrent outbreaks.
- Valacyclovir (Valtrex), used for treatment of diseases caused by the herpes simplex virus and herpes zoster virus.
- Although the manufacturer says that safety and efficacy in children have not been established, valacyclovir is recommended for use in standard pediatric resources.
- As of 2004, two relatively newer drugs for treatment of shingles are valacyclovir (Valtrex) and famciclovir (Famvir), both of which stop the replication of herpes zoster when administered within 72 hours of appearance of the rash.
- However, antiviral drugs for treating herpes viruses, including acyclovir or valacyclovir, should not be administered within 24 hours of Varivax, because these drugs can reduce the effectiveness of the vaccine.Advertisement
- The frequency and duration of HSV lesions can be reduced with antiviral therapy, including acyclovir (Zovirax), famciclovir (Famvir), and valacyclovir (Valtrex).