Vainglorious sentence example
- This failed to subdue the monks, whom the Archbishop of Volinsk described as "a band of soft-brained idiots led by a vainglorious hussar."
- Their enthusiasm and their prophesyings were denounced as demoniacal; their expectation of a glorious earthly kingdom of Christ was stigmatized as Jewish, their passion for martyrdom as vainglorious and their whole conduct as hypocritical.
- Sennacherib was vainglorious and a bad administrator; he built the palace of Kuyunjik at Nineveh, 1500 ft.
- This failed to subdue the monks, whom the Archbishop of Volinsk described as " a band of soft-brained idiots led by a vainglorious hussar."
- This is a bombastic and vainglorious epic in honour of Charles XI., whom Eurelius adored; it is not, however, without great merits, richness of language, flowing metre, and the breadth of a genuine poetic enthusiasm.Advertisement
- Also a chance to spot this week 's vainglorious egomaniac who can talk a great script but fortunately for us ca n't write one.
- And at the very moment of that vainglorious thought, a qualm came over me, a horrid nausea and the most deadly shuddering.
- Tony Blair, perfectly illustrates this, a prancing, posing, vainglorious man.
- Ostensibly a solemn revenge for the burning of Greek temples by Xerxes, it has been justified as a symbolical act calculated to impress usefully the imagination of the East, and condemned as a senseless and vainglorious work of destruction.