Vaguest sentence example
- Beyond that, I'm pretty sure none of us, you included, possess the vaguest idea what or how it happened or if will it happen again.
- The news of Bonaparte's signal victory over the Turkish army at Aboukir aroused general rejoicings undimmed by any save the vaguest rumours of his reverse at Acre.
- At the time, Tolkien had only the vaguest of ideas what a hobbit even was.
- No one was able to guess, even in the vaguest way, the exact interpretation of these odd characters; but, on the other hand, no one could doubt that they constituted a system of writing, and that the piles of inscribed tablets were veritable books.
- Until the beginning of the 19th century there existed no other knowledge of the actual area and population of the country but what was given in the vaguest estimates.Advertisement
- Daniel, Esther, i Esdras, Josephus), the historical narratives are of the scantiest and vaguest until the time of Artaxerxes, when the account of a return (Ezra iv.
- The sultan's reply was couched in the vaguest terms, and the Cretans were ordered to render unquestioning obedience to the authorities.
- At Milan there was only the vaguest attempt at conspiracy; but Silvio Pellico, Maroncelli and Count Confalonieri were implicated as having invited the Piedmontese to invade Lombardy, and were condemned to pass many years in the dungeons of the Spielberg.