Vaginal-births sentence example
- The financial cost of hospital birth Cesarean sections have been estimated to cost three times more than vaginal births (WHO, 1986 ).
- The baby does not travel through the birth canal so the fluids are not pushed out of the lungs during the delivery, and the babies do not have the same hormonal changes as those who undergo vaginal births.
- Fast vaginal births can also lead to excess fluid in the lungs because the baby has a shorter duration of pressure during delivery.
- C-sections have a higher maternal mortality rate than vaginal births with approximately 5.8 women per 100,000 live births dying, and half of these deaths are ascribed to the operation and a coexisting medical condition.
- In most cases, vaginal births are the best choice for the baby and mother.Advertisement
- However, with cesarean rates over 25%, more women have to work for their vaginal births.