Vacuum-tubes sentence example
- Phosphorescence (q.v.) can only be here alluded to in order to draw attention to the phenomena studied by Sir William Crookes and others in vacuum tubes.
- The height has also been calculated on the hypothesis that auroral light has its source where the atmospheric pressure is similar to that at which most brilliancy is observed when electric discharges pass in vacuum tubes.
- It remains colourless in vacuum tubes in the dark, but on exposure it rapidly turns yellow.
- Today vacuum tubes comprise only 18% of the market, with flat plate panels taking a massive 82% .
- Someday, they may be bright, efficient and inexpensive enough to replace vacuum tubes for white lighting.Advertisement
- Today vacuum tubes comprise only 18% of the market, with flat plate panels taking a massive 82 %.