Vacuum-pump sentence example
- The steam rising from the latter is passed into a similar pan, in which it circulates round another set of pipes, but as it could not bring the liquid in the latter to boil under ordinary conditions, the second pan is connected with a vacuum-pump so that the boiling-point of the liquid in this pan is lowered.
- Water at ordinary temperature, say 60°, is placed in an air-tight glass or insulated vessel, and when the pressure is reduced by means of a vacuum pump it begins to boil, the heat necessary for evaporation being taken from the water itself.
- Fleuss consists of a vacuum pump capable of reducing the air pressure to a fraction of a millimetre, the suction pipe of which is connected first with a vessel containing sulphuric acid, and second with the vessel containing the water to be frozen.
- For a cheaper alternative, many people use a home built vacuum pump made from one, or preferably two small refrigeration compressors.
- Description: The liquid coolant is held in a storage tank, which is maintained below atmospheric pressure by a vacuum pump.Advertisement
- Von Guericke had earlier prepared a large hollow sphere from which he had removed the air using a vacuum pump of his invention.
- Water at ordinary temperature, say 60Ã‚°, is placed in an air-tight glass or insulated vessel, and when the pressure is reduced by means of a vacuum pump it begins to boil, the heat necessary for evaporation being taken from the water itself.
- These uncharged particles will simply get lost in the machine - eventually, they get removed by the vacuum pump.
- Turns out that the vacuum pump in the rear is blowing more than sucking.