Vacuity sentence example
- In both genera, as in the okapi, there is a vacuity in front of the orbit.
- Looking at the issues in this way exposes the essential vacuity of the claim.
- Haneke chronicles a family enslaved to the structures they have created, operating in a morass of emotional vacuity.
- The invention of the barometer and Torricelli's explanation of the vacuity above the mercury column placed before the members of the Florentine academy a ready method of obtaining vacua; for to exhaust a vessel it was only necessary to join, by means of a tube provided with stopcocks, the vessel to a barometer tube, fill the compound vessel with mercury and then to invert it in a basin containing this liquid, whereupon the mercury column fell, leaving a Torricellian vacuum in the vessel, which could be removed after shutting off the stop-cocks.
- A preorbital vacuity of such dimensions as to exclude the lachrymal bone from articulation with the nasal.Advertisement
- In the skull the gland-pit is shallow, and the vacuity of moderate size; the nasal bones are well developed, and much expanded at the upper end.
- The squamosal bone is large and either in contact with the frontals and parietals or separated from them by a vacuity; the orbit is sometimes roofed over by bone.