Usurious sentence example
- The acts were directed to restrain the lending of money at usurious rates.
- usurious interest rate.
- In the later middle ages, especially in Germany, it acquired the sense of usurious or oppressive dealing with money and capital.
- Maybe you could borrow at very high usurious interest rate.
- usurious interest for what has already been paid twenty times over.Advertisement
- The peasant revolt against the dearth of land, the yoke of the militarists, government officials and of usurious loans.
- No government could have paid them, as they are the usurious interest for what has already been paid twenty times over.
- They held usury up to detestation, and practically made no distinction between interest on equitable moderate terms and what we now term usurious exactions.
- In the rest of the country they had not been allowed to reside in the villages, because their habits of keeping vodka-shops and lending money at usurious interest were found to demoralize the peasantry, and even in the towns their numbers and occupations had been restricted by the authorities.
- In order to cover this recourse was had as usual, not to remedies, but to palliatives worse than the evil: heavy usurious loans, debasement of the coinage, creation of stocks that were perpetually being converted, and ridiculous charges which the bourgeois, sickened with officialdom, would endure no longer.Advertisement
- usurious loans.