Ureterovesical sentence example
- If, however, one of the ureters has a dead end, a stricture or stenosis (narrowing), or a leaky ureterovesical valve (between the ureter and bladder), infection is the likely result.
- Ureters can be obstructed anywhere along their course, though the ureterovesical valve is the most common place.
- Ureterovesical valve-A sphincter (an opening controlled by a circular muscle), located where the ureter enters the bladder, that keeps urine from flowing backward toward the kidney.
- Bladder diverticula may be multiple, and they often occur at the ureterovesical junction (the entrance of the upper urinary system into the bladder).
- Ureterovesical junction-The point where the ureter joins the bladder.Advertisement