Ureides sentence example
- The 2.6-diketo-tetrahydropyrimidines or uracils may be considered as the ureides of /-aldehydo, and 0-ketonic acids.
- Alkyl ureas are formed by the action of primary or secondary amines on isocyanic acid or its esters: [[Conh+Nh2r= R Nhc0nh]] 2 i [[Conr+Nhr 2 =Nr 2 Co Nhr]]; by the action of carbonyl chloride on amines: COC12+2NHR2=C0(NR2)2+2HC1; and in the hydrolysis of many ureides.
- The derivatives of urea containing acid radicles are known as ureides.
- The solution, known as baryta-water, finds an extensive application in practical chemistry, being used in gas-analysis for the determination of the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere; and also being used in organic chemistry as a hydrolysing agent for the decomposition of complex ureides and substituted aceto-acetic esters, while E.
- The oxyderivatives of the tetrahydroand hexahydro-pyrimidines are the uracils and the ureides of malonic acid (see PuRIN).Advertisement
- The ureides of oxy-acids and dibasic acids form closed chain compounds (see Allantoin; Alloxan; Hydantoin; Purin).