Uredospores sentence example
- Uredospores, septa of Basidiomycetes), spirals, reticulations, rings, &c. (capillitium fibres of Podaxon, Calostoma, Battarrea), occur as in the vessels of higher plants, while sculptured networks, pittings and so forth are as common on fungus-spores as they are on pollen grains.
- (After Sachs.) C, Mass of uredospores (ur), with one teleutospore (t).
- When the sporidia infect a plant the mycelium so produced gives origin to aecidiospores and spermatia; the aecidiospores on infection produce a mycelium which bears uredospores and later teleutospores.
- This is the lifehistory of the most complicated forms, of the so-called eu forms. In the opsis forms the uredospores are absent, the mycelium from the aecidiospores producing directly the teleutospores.
- In brachy and hemi the aecidiospores are absent, the mycelium from the sporidia giving origin directly to the uredospores; the former possess spermatia, in the latter they are absent.Advertisement
- In lepto and micro forms both aecidiospores and uredospores are absent, the sporidia producing a mycelium which gives rise directly to teleutospores; in the lepto forms the teleutospores can germinate directly, in the micro forms only after a period of rest.
- host on which the uredospores (if present) and the teleutospores are developed.
- uredospores in the hemi and a, Fertile cells; at a 2 the brachy forms, and before the passage of a nucleus from formation of teleutospores in the adjoining cell is seen.
- (After Blackman.) uredospores _ l ?
- Just as the uredospores and aecidiospores both show these specialized characters in the case of Puccinia graminis so we find that both the conidia and ascospores of E.Advertisement
- These coloured spots are due to the presence of a sorus or layer of countless numbers of minute brown spores, the uredospores of the summer fruiting form.
- Towards the end of the summer the uredospores are replaced by the winter resting-spores, called teleutospores, which are larger, thicker-walled and darker in colour.
- Infection of the leaves of the young wheat plants follows on the scattering of the aecidiospores: a sorus of the rusty uredospores is produced, and the life-cycle is complete.
- (After Sachs.) C, Mass of uredospores (ur) with one teleutospore (t).
- (After De Bary.) uredospores probably survive the winter in Europe as well as in Australia and give rise to the rust of the following year.Advertisement
- Five different kinds of spores may be present - teleutospores, sporidia (= basidiospores), aecidiospores, spermatia and uredospores (fig.
- After this association the nuclei continue in the conjugate condition so s that the aecidiospores, the uredospore-bearing mycelium, the uredospores and the young teleutospores all contain two paired nuclei in their cells (fig.