Urdu sentence example
- Speaks - Pick from a range of languages, including Italian, Dutch, and Urdu.
- MUNSHI, or MooNSHI, the Urdu name of a writer or secretary, used in India of the native language teachers or secretaries employed by Europeans.
- As with the Bible and Shakespeare, his phrases have passed into the common speech, and are used by every one (even in Urdu) without being conscious of their origin.
- The chief languages spoken are vernaculars of Baluchistan, Pushtu, Panjabi, Urdu and Sindhi.
- The chief languages of Berar are Marathi, Urdu, Gondi, Banjari, Hindi, Marwari, Telugu, Korku and Gujarati.Advertisement
- They are written from left to right, exception being made of Urdu or Hindostani, the mixed language of the Mahommedan conquerors of northern India, the character used for writing which is the Persian.
- Among young people is there a developing English Urdu patois?
- Among the members of the movement were several important literati who wrote both Urdu poetry and prose to disseminate its ideas.
- That is an entirely separate subfamily to the one which the Hindi and Urdu languages of India and Pakistan belong.
- Thalbhoy, Portrait Gallery of Western India (1886) (chiefly portraits of Parsi notables); Edward Tuite Dalton, C.S.I., Descriptive Ethnology of Bengal (1 vol., 1872); Talboys Wheeler, History of the Imperial Assembly at Delhi, 1st January 1877; Queen Victoria's Jubilee, 6th February 1887 (in Urdu, illustrated); T.Advertisement