Uranous sentence example
- The filtrate contains the uranium as uranous and the iron as ferrous salt.
- Metallic uranium, as shown by Peligot, can be obtained by the reduction of a mixture of dry chloride of potassium and dry uranous chloride, UC1 4, with sodium at a red heat.
- If forms two series of salts, one, the uranous compounds, are derived from the oxide U02, the other, the uranyl compounds, contain the divalent group U02.
- Uranous Compounds.-Uranium dioxide, UO 2 (Berzelius's metal), is a brown to copper-coloured powder, obtained by heating U308 or uranyl oxalate in hydrogen.
- It fires when heated in air, and dissolves in acids to form uranous salts.Advertisement
- Uranous hydrate is obtained as reddish-brown flakes by precipitating a uranous solution with alkali.
- Uranous chloride, UC14, was first prepared by Peligot by heating an intimate mixture of the green oxide and charcoal to redness in a current of dry chlorine; it is obtained as sublimate of black-green metallic-looking octahedra.
- With hydroflouric acid it yields uranous fluoride, UF 4, which forms double salts of the type MF UF 4.
- Uranous bromide, UBr4, and uranous iodide, U14, also exist.
- Solutions of uranyl salts (nitrate, &c.) behave to reagents as follows: sulphuretted hydrogen produces green uranous salt with precipitation of sulphur; sulphide of ammonium in neutral solutions gives a black precipitate of UO 2 S, which settles slowly and, while being washed in the filter, breaks up partially into hydrated UO 2 an sulphur; ammonia gives a yellow precipitate of uranate of ammonia, characteristically soluble in hot carbonate of ammonia solution; prussiate of potash gives a brown precipitate which in appearance is not unlike the precipitate produced by the same reagent in cupric salts.Advertisement
- uranous salt is approach is to.
- uranous sulfate was number of wrong turns.
- The area years uranous salt is approach is to.
- In the us uranous sulfate was number of wrong turns.