Uprooting sentence example
- From the Grisons, who favoured France and Venice, Spain seized the Valtelline in 1620, incidentally uprooting heresy there by the massacre of six hundred Protestants.
- It is evident that as the latter increases in bulk, more and more attention must be paid to the dangers of uprooting by winds and storms. Various mechanisms have been adopted in different cases, some connected with the subterranean and others with the sub-aerial portions of the plant.
- uprooting of plants.
- They are generally obtained during the dry summer months, as at other times their adherence to the stems is so firm as often to cause the uprooting of the plants in the attempt to remove them.
- The supposition that the tree was the source of Christ's crown of thorns gave rise doubtless to the tradition current among the French peasantry that it utters groans and cries on Good Friday, and probably also to the old popular superstition in Great Britain and Ireland that ill-luck attended the uprooting of hawthorns.Advertisement
- uprooting of a tree no material damage was done.
- Discontent showed itself in pillage and incendiarism on country estates; between March and July 1789 more than three hundred agrarian riots took place, uprooting the feudal idea of property, already compromised by its own excesses.
- She had only to bide her time while Mary made straight her successor's path by uprooting whatever affection the English people had for the Catholic faith, Roman jurisdiction and Spanish control.
- powered rotary cultivators - these machines use cutting, uprooting and burial to kill the weeds.
- uprooting of people to clear the way for development.Advertisement
- Apart from the uprooting of a tree no material damage was done.
- Care should be taken to ensure the mower blades are sharp to avoid any uprooting of plants.
- This has led to the destruction of nature and people 's economy, and massive uprooting of people to clear the way for development.
- The Army Wives TV Show begins with Roxy, the mother of two young boys, getting married to Private First Class Trevor LeBlanc and uprooting her family to move to Fort Marshall.
- During 1915-6 organized massacres and deportations were carried out systematically, to the extent of almost uprooting the Armenian race from Asia Minor.Advertisement