Uppp sentence example
- Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (UPPP) removes loose tissue in the palate and throat, opening the breathing passage.
- Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (UPPP) removes excess tissue that blocks the airway passage.
- According to the ASAA, UPPP has about a 40 percent chance of success for patients.
- Occasionally, food may get into the back of throat where the uvula used to be and cause discomfort and coughing spells, but this can be prevented if doctors use a variation of the classic UPPP called the revised UPPP.
- This procedure is sometimes used by physicians after a UPPP fails to resolve OSA symptoms.Advertisement
- Surgical procedures for sleep apnea include Uvulo-palato-pharyngo-plasty (UPPP) and surgery to realign the jaw, among others.
- UPPP involves tightening and trimming excess soft tissue under general anesthesia.
- The surgical treatment for this excess of tissue is called uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (UPPP).
- Outside the United States, some doctors are able to perform a partial UPPP with a cold laser and cortisone injections, making the entire procedure relatively painless.
- Doctors may perform an uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (UPPP) to remove tissue from the back of the mouth and the top of the throat to improve airflow.Advertisement
- Some procedures, like uvulopalatopharyngoplasty (UPPP) remove excess tissue from the throat and soft palate, while others fix structural problems that disrupt breathing during sleep.