Upolu sentence example
- as follows: Savaii, Manono, Apolima, Upolu, Fanuatapu, Manua, Nuutele and Nuulua, belonging to Germany, and Tutuila, Anua, Ofu, Olosenga, Tau and Rose, belonging to the United States of America.
- in Upolu to 4000 (Mua) in Savaii.
- Although there are no active cones, Upolu has in comparatively recent times been subject to volcanic disturbances, and according to a local tradition, outbreaks must have occurred in the 17th or 18th century.
- Upolu is long and narrow; it has a backbone of mountains whose flanks are scored with lovely valleys, at the foot of which are flat cultivable tracts.
- Tutuila, the principal island belonging to the United States, resembles Upolu, and has on its S.Advertisement
- La Perouse was among the islands in 1787, and on Tutuila lost some of his crew in a conflict with some natives of Upolu visiting the island.
- The islands, especially Upolu, now began to attract American and European (mostly German) capitalists, and the Hamburg firm of J.
- As we crossed over the mountains that run down the center of Upolu and headed toward the southern coast the rain gradually abated.
- m., pop. 13,200), Upolu (340 sq.