Upbraided sentence example
- Khalid lived on a very rich scale and was extraordinarily liberal, and he was charged with having carried out all his improvements for his own interests, and upbraided for selling the corn of his estates only when the prices were high.
- are constantly upbraided for not doing the very things which James III.
- In 1697 the Second Boston Church, in which Cotton Mather had been his father's colleague since 1685, upbraided the Charlestown Church "for betraying the liberties of the churches in their late putting into the hands of the whole inhabitants the choice of a minister."
- He upbraided the mother with her hardheartedness, and when she resented his interference he departed in a huff and they never met again.
- Early in 1814 he saw Napoleon for the last time; the emperor upbraided him with the words: "You are a coward, a traitor, a thief.Advertisement
- During the persecution under Maximinus she sought an interview with the emperor, upbraided him for his cruelties, and adjured him to give up the worship of false gods.
- When half way over the stream he staggered under what seemed to him a crushing weight, but he reached the other side and then upbraided the child for placing him in.
- He then took a bible from the priest's hands, and, after looking at it, threw it violently from him, and began a more impassioned speech, in which he exposed the designs of the Spaniards, and upbraided them with the cruelties they had perpetrated.
- upbraided the men for plowing sacred land.
- I have not upbraided him by word or look; I have not even asked him what he has been doing.Advertisement
- Lane describes how recently a women 's council upbraided the men for plowing sacred land.
- Jak Upland (John Countryman) took the place of Piers Ploughman, and upbraided the clergy, and especially the friars, for their wealth and luxury.
- upbraided the cities where most of His mighty miracles were done, Chorazin and Bethsaida.
- You remember He upbraided the cities where most of His mighty miracles were done, Chorazin and Bethsaida.