Untruth sentence example
- It is your happiness I wish for, she added, feeling that she was telling an untruth and was becoming entangled.
- For, if we told you truly, you might escape us altogether; and if we told you an untruth we would be naughty and deserve to be punished.
- Lying can be by telling a direct untruth or by not telling the complete truth.
- I never knew him to tell an untruth.
- Lawyer: What is a misleading impression - a sort of bent untruth?Advertisement
- while every house and family draweth to it the honour and renown of noble exploits, martial feats and dignities by any untruth and lie, so it be colourable."
- blatant untruth.
- He spake no untruth; he did desire to go to Bethlehem.
- However, this and ' Da Vinci ' peddle untruth with the zeal of religion but without its frequent beauty of language.
- To nail a lie is to expose an untruth, but why " nail "?Advertisement
- The attempt by Mrs Cave to suggest that it must be a mistake was in our view a blatant untruth.
- We say it expresses a clear untruth that can be demonstrated as such.
- The more trained historical sense of modern times is continually shocked by the obvious untruth of his colouring, especially in the earlier parts of his history, by the palpable unreality of many of the speeches, and by the naÃ¯vetÃ© with which he omits everything, however important, which he thinks will weary his readers.
- He did not shut me up, he said I was telling an untruth.
- Such a view must, however, include no demonstrable untruth.Advertisement