Unsubdued sentence example
- The Welsh were unsubdued; the French were plundering the southern coast; Northumberland was fomenting trouble in the north.
- But Zara and Dalmatia had revolted from Venice in 1166 and were as yet unsubdued.
- of Asia Minor, which survived unsubdued in the general deluge of Seljukian conquest, they could expect active assistance (the hope of which will explain the north-easterly line of march which they followed after leaving Heraclea).
- As a conqueror he extended his sway from the still unsubdued Kiang tribes of the north to Ladak in the west, and in the south he carried his power through Nepal to the Indian side of the Himalayas.
- Sir Hyde Parker was, however, unwilling to go up the Baltic with the Danes unsubdued behind him, or to divide his force.Advertisement
- states were restive, and Aetolia unsubdued; and, with the break-up of the empire at Alexander's death, there was once more scope for the action of the individual cities among the rival great powers.
- The king marched south, but withdrew again leaving his son unsubdued.
- The public weal was no longer talked about, while the kingdom was plundered both by royal tax gatherers and by unsubdued feudal lords to pay the cost of the war.
- Ala-ud-din had already won military re nown by his expeditions into the yet unsubdued south.
- 1804 Lord Cornwallis was sent out as governor-general a second time, with instructions to bring about peace at any price, while Holkar was still unsubdued, and Sindhia was threatening a fresh war.Advertisement
- From time to time they made raids into the unsubdued parts of Italy, and added a city or two to their dominions.
- Kassa now ruled in Amhara, but his ambition was to attain to supreme power, and he turned his attention to conquering the remaining chief divisions of the country, Gojam, Tigre and Shoa, Growing which still remained unsubdued.
- The conquesthardly touched central and western Ulster, and left half Connaught unsubdued: even in the immediate vicinity of Dublin the tribes of the Wicklow Hills were never properly tamed.
- Edward was able to occupy many towns and castles, but the broken bands of the insurgents lurked in the hills and forests, and the Countryside as a whole remained unsubdued.
- As long as the Burgundian party lent the regent their aid, the limits of the land still unsubdued continued to shrink, though the process was slow.Advertisement
- It went slowly on, till in 1428 the tide of war reached the walls of Orleans, now the only place north of the Loire which remained unsubdued.