Unsteadiness sentence example
- But the point need not be discussed further here, since both percentage and absolute indices of unsteadiness have risen of late years.
- The sole piece of evidence, from which probable conclusions may be drawn, is that three separate measurements of price fluctuations over some forty years reveal a growing unsteadiness of late, whether they be expressed absolutely or as percentages of price.
- For example, in a machine-work, the steam-engine, which is the prime mover of the various tools, has a flywheel on the crank-shaft to store and restore the periodical excess of energy arising from the variations in the effort exerted by the connecting-rod upon the crank; and each of the slotting machines, punching machines, riveting machines, and other tools has a flywheel of its own to store and restore energy, so as to enable the very different resistances opposed to those tools at different times to be overcome without too great unsteadiness of motion.
- It is evident that the buying of cotton on the principles suggested would be calculated to cause great unsteadiness of prices, especially as cotton is not continuously forthcoming, but is produced periodically in harvests.
- denote the unsteadiness of the motion of the flywheel; the denominator S of this fraction is called the steadiness.Advertisement
- This condition is one marked by unsteadiness - a sort of flickering rolling - of the eyeballs, and it becomes more marked as they endeavour to adjust their accommodation to near objects.
- A reeling gait, oscillations of the body which impart a zigzag direction to the walk, difficulty in standing, owing to unsteadiness of limb, are common in cerebellar disease.
- To obviate the unsteadiness of motion which this tends to cause, the shafts are provided with a second set of cranks at right angles to the first, connected by means of a similar coupling-rod, so that one set of cranks pass their dead points at the instant when the other set are farthest from theirs.
- rhe ratio of this fluctuation to the mean velocity, sometimes called the unsteadiness of the motion of the body, is (vivi)V =gE/Viw.
- stenosis of the spine that results in weakness and unsteadiness in my legs.Advertisement
- I also suffer from Stenosis of the spine that results in weakness and unsteadiness in my legs.
- Side effects include unsteadiness, loss of strength, low blood pressure, gastrointestinal symptoms, memory problems, confusion, and behavioral problems.
- Unsteadiness when standing still and deterioration of position sense is common.
- Danger signs that a head injury is more serious include worsening headaches, vomiting, weakness, numbness, unsteadiness, change in the appearance of the eyes, seizures, slurred speech, confusion, agitation, or a change in mental status.
- The same pattern of leg weakness, unsteadiness, and contractures occurs later for the young man with BMD, often allowing independent walking into the twenties or early thirties.Advertisement