Unscriptural sentence example
- The doctrine of the sphericity of the earth was still held by the more learned, but the heads of the church held it to be unscriptural.
- "Things strangled" and "blood" were rigorously abstained from; the lot was regarded as sacred; the accumulation of wealth they held to be unscriptural and improper, and each member considered his property as liable to be called upon at any time to meet the wants of the poor and the necessities of the church.
- Time-honoured custom had hitherto reckoned primogeniture in the male line as the best 'title to the Russian crown; in the ustav of 1722 Peter denounced primogeniture in general as a stupid, dangerous, and even unscriptural practice of dubious origin.
- Infant baptism they rejected because it was unscriptural, and because all baptism with water was an appanage of the Jewish demiurge Jehovah, and as such expressly rejected by Christ.
- But their most radical doctrine was the rejection of infant baptism as unscriptural.Advertisement
- advocates of unscriptural duty faith preaching make the Gospel not only a law, but even a harder law than that of Moses.
- departed spirits is unphilosophical as it is unscriptural.