Unsaturated-fatty-acids sentence example
- By this means a measure is obtained of the unsaturated fatty acids contained in an oil or fat.
- The unsaturated fatty acids which occur chiefly in oils and fats are oleic acid, iodine value 90.07; erucic acid, iodine value 75.15; linolic acid, iodine value 181.42; linolenic acid, iodine value 274.1; and clupanodonic acid, iodine value 367.7.
- Hence unsaturated fatty acids would tend to reduce plasma cholesterol.
- These provide the highly unsaturated fatty acids (HUFAs) that make up 20% of the weight of the brain.
- Preliminary evidence suggests some deficiencies or imbalances in certain unsaturated fatty acids might contribute to behavioral disorders like ADHD, which can be managed with flaxseed oil supplements.Advertisement
- The oxygen free radical in the ozone reacts with the unsaturated fatty acids of the olive oil to form a number of biologically active oxygenated compounds.
- Decreases in retinol levels cause the oxidation of unsaturated fatty acids in the cell, which causes toxic effects.