Unrecorded sentence example
- Here the unrecorded years of Christ's boyhood were spent.
- We see indeed faint traces of distinction among the patricians themselves, which may lead us to guess that the equality of all patricians may have been won by struggles of unrecorded days, not unlike those which in recorded days brought about the equality of patrician and plebeian.
- A very old tradition suggests that the idea of such an earthly paradise was a reminiscence of some unrecorded voyage to Madeira and the Canaries, which are sometimes named Fortunatae Insulae by medieval map-makers.
- The extent of the unconformity is usually significant of the geographic changes of the interval unrecorded by known Proterozoic rocks.
- But the details of the trade are unrecorded.Advertisement
- Prehistoric sites were located on the characteristic mounds of the country, and some were superficially excavated; but most finds were accidental and unrecorded, and many were dispersed and lost.
- The eldest, Reginald Garton Wilberforce, being the author of An Unrecorded Chapter of the Indian Mutiny (1894).
- By his first wife, Cromwell's sister, he had one daughter and seven sons; he married a second wife in April 1658 whose name is unrecorded.
- Even neglecting the isolated and local discharges due to excessive and generally unrecorded rainfall, the variation in the discharge of all streams, and especially of mountain streams, is very great.
- On the 23rd of September he detected near the predicted place a small star unrecorded in the map, and next evening found that it had a proper motion.Advertisement
- Since the publication of that book much additional evidence has accrued from Africa and Melanesia, where the belief occurs in a few islands, but, in the majority, is absent or unrecorded.
- We must hope that his few remaining unrecorded orchestral works will make it to disk alongside his half a dozen plus chamber orchestra cantatas.
- Naming names within a short exercise in reminiscence like this is always invidious, but there are two names which must not go unrecorded.
- Editorial note The sacred islet 's thoughts on the successful landing by a Rockall Times assault squad on 16 June 1995 are unrecorded.
- In 2026 even an unrecorded length of path just a few feet long could allow the landholder to stop up the path for ever.Advertisement
- The two great merits of this anemometer are its simplicity and the absence of a wind vane; on the other hand it is not well adapted to leaving a record on paper of the actual velocity at any definite instant, and hence it leaves a short but violent gust unrecorded.
- There is also a difficulty about the frequency of movement, because as a rule many movements take place in one day the total over a period sufficiently lengthy to yield general results is enormous, and many are unrecorded.
- Most nests are located in the safety of the taro lo'i, and as such, unfortunately many nests get unnoticed and go unrecorded.