Unpolished sentence example
- Their style, we are told, was unpolished and arid in the extreme, while the argument was lucid and impartial.
- The bishop and clergy choose a suitable spot, and erect twelve large stones unwrought and unpolished around the central rock of the altar, and on these the walls of the church are laid.
- Gilbert Walmesley, registrar of the ecclesiastical court of the diocese, a man of distinguished parts, learning and know ledge of the world, did himself honour by patronizing the young adventurer, whose repulsive person, unpolished manners and squalid garb moved many of the petty aristocracy of the neighbourhood to laughter or disgust.
- He was a tribune of the people, associated unflinchingly not merel y with the unpopular but with the unpolished; always carrying about him not merely a certain Roman look, but a patrician air.
- His oratory was rough and unpolished, but full of freshness and force and genuine feeling.Advertisement
- Having snapped at an officer for an unpolished badge, at another because his line was not straight, he reached the third company.
- A monochrome loses much of its attractiveness when the color merges into a metal rim, or when the interior of a vase is covered with crude unpolished paste.
- This first period of human culture has been subdivided by Lord Avebury into Palaeolithic and Neolithic, words which have been generally accepted as expressing the two stages of the rough, unpolished and the finely finished and polished stone implements.
- Gerry was doing a good job of playing along, but Jessi was too outspoken, too unpolished.
- The dramatic introductions and a few of the interludes are bright and interesting, and the Latin style, though still awkward and unpolished, is far superior to that of the De Lingua Latina.Advertisement
- Staples include rotis made with finger millet; brown lentils; unpolished rice; curries sizzled in mustard oil.
- The thin unpolished middle is called the girdle.
- An ill-fitting dress will simply look unkempt, unpolished and inelegant.
- A natural is an unpolished surface of the diamond.
- Amazon offers a Greek key ring with an inset pattern made of polished and unpolished white platinum.Advertisement
- Degrassi's young repertory cast has a loyal fan base due in large part to the series' unpolished dialogue.
- The renovated bar is modern and bright, with mahogany paneling, tin ceilings, unpolished brass accents, drop pendant lights, black leather booths, and a center bar.
- Although rough and unpolished, he was gifted with natural eloquence and a powerful voice, and knew exactly how to work upon the feelings of the people.