Unpatriotic sentence example
- For this unpatriotic conduct the islanders were punished by Themistocles, who exacted a heavy fine (Herod.
- In the main he was right; but he forgot too much the provocation they had received, the usurpations and selfishness of the governing family, and the unpatriotic character of the king.
- On the 2 ist, a few moments after the estates had assembled, the king in full regalia appeared, and taking his seat on the throne, delivered that famous philippic, one of the masterpieces of Swedish oratory, in which he reproached the estates for their unpatriotic venality and licence in the past.
- of Russia enabled him by the Act of Unity and Security (on the 17th of February 1789) to override the opposition of the rebellious and grossly unpatriotic gentry, and, with the approbation of the three lower estates, establish a new and revolutionary constitution, in which, though the estates still held the power of the purse, the royal authority largely predominated.
- The aversion to Athens best serves to explain the unpatriotic attitude which Thebes displayed during the great Persian invasion.Advertisement
- Owing to the unwise and unpatriotic conduct of the barons in summoning over Louis of France to their aid, John had become in some sort the representative of national independence.
- It must be confessed that the conduct of his adversaries was almost as contemptible and unpatriotic. They refused to aid in the war, as if it was the kings private affair and not that of the nation.
- Critics claim the group had shamed their fans by not backing President Bush during a time of crisis, and their actions were unpatriotic in the face of American military personnel going to war.
- During World War II, there were such severe restrictions on clothing, British women felt unpatriotic for having clothes only to wear while sleeping.