Unostentatiously sentence example
- The new teaching was allowed to spread, though at first unostentatiously and gradually.
- Although the idol of his victorious army, and in a position enabling him to exercise autocratic power, he laboured unostentatiously for more than a year and a half as a member of the parliament, whose authority he supported to the best of his ability.
- He lived the modest, unassuming life of a country planter when at his home, and at Washington lived as unostentatiously as possible, consistent with his public duties and position.
- To the poor, Persians are unostentatiously generous; most of the rich have regular pensioners, old servants, or poor relations who live on their bounty; and though there are no workhouses, there are in ordinary times no deaths from starvation; and charity, though not organized, is general..
- 1 During the last years of his life he occupied a suite of rooms in the Sorbonne, where he lived simply and unostentatiously.Advertisement