Unlimbered sentence example
- But the guns remained loaded, the loopholes in blockhouses and entrenchments looked out just as menacingly, and the unlimbered cannon confronted one another as before.
- and a long pause ensued, while the 220 guns, which [by ',degrees ', had unlimbered behind them, brought St Privat and Roncourt under fire.
- ever, a battery of 80 French guns unlimbered on the long spur to the S.E.
- Here he dismounted, and stopped beside the farthest of the four unlimbered cannon.
- When he reached the bridge he saw two unlimbered guns, the infantry crossing the bridge, several overturned carts, and frightened and laughing faces among the troops.Advertisement
- He was told by his fellow officers that the screams of the crowd and the shrieks of the woman were due to the fact that General Ermolov, coming up to the crowd and learning that soldiers were dispersing among the shops while crowds of civilians blocked the bridge, had ordered two guns to be unlimbered and made a show of firing at the bridge.