Unjustified sentence example
- William's unpopularity with his new people was, on the whole, unjustified, but his memory is rightly darkened by the stain of the "Massacre of Glencoe."
- Having been re-elected gonfaloniere in spite of much opposition in 1528, Capponi tried to make peace with the pope, but his correspondence with the Vatican resulted in a quite unjustified charge of high treason, and although acquitted he had to resign office and leave the city for six months.
- attracts nouns such as " plague " and " virus ", but some of the criticism is unjustified.
- Such assumptions are not wholly unjustified.
- often walked by very crooked paths; but the reproach that he allowed his policy to be swayed exclusively by his family interests is unjustified.Advertisement
- From the moment the apparent recrudescence of the Liberal split over this question seemed to have misled Mr Balfour, who resigned office on the 4th of December, into thinking that difficulties would arise over the formation of a Liberal cabinet; but, whether or not the rumour was correct that a blunder had been made at Stirling and that explanations had ensued which satisfied Mr Asquith and Sir Edward Grey, this anticipation proved unjustified.
- branding of low tar cigarettes, using implied health claim terms such as ' light ' or ' mild ' is completely unjustified.
- This is an important counterweight to some unjustified perceptions that the whole system is failing to function.
- Making an unjustified complaint against an opponent will certainly not advance your cause and could prompt the ET to question your own good faith.
- heterologous transgenes show similar behavior in diverse genetic backgrounds " is unjustified, to say the least.Advertisement
- The applicants complained of convictions and seizure orders of the State Security Courts as unjustified interference with freedom of expression.
- But even a less than full belief in an epistemological thesis which showed theism to be unjustified would be damaging.
- But this consequence follows only upon the assumption that the work of the mind is arbitrary, an assumption shown to be unjustified by the results of exact science, with the distinction, universally recognized, which such science draws between truth and falsehood, between the real and "mere ideas."
- 7 And though it is a proud as well as a modest hope, no one could call it unjustified.
- He realized that one of the most potent factors in the Milner situation was the attitude of the Cape Dutch, and in March 1898 at Graaff Reinet Milner called upon the Dutch citizens of the Cape, " especially those who had gone so far in the expression of their sympathy for the Transvaal as to expose themselves to charges of disloyalty to their own flag " to use all their influence, not in confirming the Transvaal in unjustified suspicions, not in encouraging its government in obstinate resistance to all reform, but in inducing it gradually to assimilate its institutions, and the temper and spirit of its administration, to those of the free communities of South Africa, such as Cape Colony or the Orange Free State.Advertisement
- Crocs shoes have blown up into an enormous trend, and this phenomenon is hardly unjustified.