Unjointed sentence example
- Cerci always present; usually modified into unjointed forceps.
- Prominent, unjointed cerci, male with genital armature on second abdominal segment.
- The Corixidae are small flattened water-bugs, with very short unjointed beak, the labrum being enclosed within the second From Marlatt, Bull.
- The body is elongated and furnished with four pairs of short, unjointed, stump-like legs, each terminated by a pair of claws.
- The first legs, meaning thereby the sixth pair of appendages, are generally pediform and locomotive, but sometimes unjointed, acting as a kind of brushes to cleanse the furca, while in the Polycopidae they are entirely wanting.Advertisement
- The tenth abdominal segment carries strong, unjointed cerci, while the presence of reproductive armature on the second abdominal segment of the male is a character found in no other order of the Hexapoda.
- In at least one genus the unjointed pincers of the forceps are preceded, in the youngest instar by jointed cerci.
- The prothorax is short and the mesothorax very long, the three pairs of legs closely similar, the wings often highly modified or absent, and the cerci short and unjointed.
- Spikelets falling singly from the unjointed rachis of the spike or the ultimate branches of the panicle.
- A third division, the Tartarides, a subordinate group of the Uropygi, contains minute Arachnida differing principally from the typical Uropygi in having the caudal process unjointed and short.Advertisement
- A tetrastyle pedimented Roman Doric porch sits to the center, its unjointed columns hewn from menhirs taken from a nearby druids ' temple.
- In the vast majority of the Dermaptera the cerci are - in the adult insect at least - stout, unjointed appendages forming a strong forceps (fig.
- There may also be abdominal appendages - in the form of simple unjointed stylets (fig.