Universal-joint sentence example
- in length, actuating a universal joint on the first spindle of the register; it consisted of an air-tight thin metal tube with a coned fore-end, carrying flat metal vanes set at an angle.
- 3) consists of an ordinary pendulum diagrammatically represented by ab, connected by a universal joint to an inverted pendulum dc. The latter, which is a rod pointed at its lower end and loaded at c, would be unstable if it were not connected with b.
- This has a ball joint at s, a universal joint at o and a writing point at p, resting upon a piece of smoked glass.
- Coupling of Intersecting AxesHookes Universal Joint.
- Double Hookes Coupling.It has been shown in 66 that the velocity ratio of a pair of shafts coupled by a universal joint fluctuates between the limits cos 0 and 1/cos 0.Advertisement
- In order to make the problem of flight more intelligible, the lever formed by the wing is prolonged beyond the body (b), and to the root of the wing so extended the weight (w, w') is attached; x represents the universal joint by which the wing is attached to the body.
- hung loose from the universal joint to the base of the mast.
- A vibration in the pedals of the car can indicate a problem with the CV joint on a front-wheel drive car or the universal joint on a rear-wheel drive car.