Unit-of-measurement sentence example
- A decibel is the unit of measurement that is used to calculate the loudness of a noise.
- the alteration in the direction of the bounding line, due to alteration in the unit of measurement of Y, is useful in relation to geometrical projection.
- The International Geodetic Committee have adopted the metre as their unit of measurement.
- Owing to the shrinkage of the soil in reclaimed lands, however, that is, lands which have been drained after fen or other reclamation, the sides of the polder are often higher than the middle, and it is necessary by means of small dams or sluices to make separate water-tight compartments (afpolderingen), each having its own unit of measurement.
- baud unit of measurement similar to bps expressing the speed of a modem over an analog line.Advertisement
- The unit of measurement for sprites is one byte and the most common size is four by four.
- The unit of measurement for this calculation is called a Montevideo unit, and ideally the sum total of the pressures should be between 150 and 250 Montevideo units to achieve cervical dilation.
- The distance between two points can, at any rate in theory, be measured directly, by successive applications of the unit of measurement.