Unirrigated sentence example
- Unirrigated land laid under wheat by the natives is said to yield twelve bushels an acre.
- The completion of the Assuan dam by ensuring a fuller supply of water enabled 20,000 acres of land, previously unirrigated and untaxed, to be brought under cultivation in the three years 1903-1905.
- Millet crops are grown for the most part on unirrigated land.
- Other pulses, lentils, &c., are extensively grown, but the area under these crops is liable to great contraction in years of drought, as it consists for the most part of unirrigated lands.
- Dry wine grapes do best in the counties around San Francisco Bay, on unirrigated lands; while sweet wine stocks do best in Yolo, San Joaquin and the counties of the raisin grape, and on irrigated lands.Advertisement
- The irrigated portions of the Ebro and Tagus valleys yield twelve times as large a crop per acre as the unirrigated.